As consumers become more particular (and, some would argue, demanding), travel advisors are being held to new standards; you are being tasked with micro-approaches to personalization, self-promotion, managing invoicing – all the while, staying on top of product training and professional development. Many believe that this balancing act is the nature of the job, but as a result, you rarely have an opportunity to step back and determine how to be more effective in your work. The truth is, improving skills like time management, loyalty-building and dealing with difficult people will lead to increased sales.
BUT HOW DO YOU DO IT ALL?
We’re here to help. I’m proud to announce the long-standing CT brand – which has been around for more than three decades – is transitioning into Key Notes On Travel, a professional development program created to support travel advisors; to help you grow your sales and increase your commissions.
WHAT IS IT?
Key Notes On Travel is a program that invites members to invest only one hour per month in exclusive online keynote sessions (think, your favourite conference speakers), complemented by ongoing group discussion and support, and content that’s actually relevant to you. By arming yourself with hands-on strategies, tactics and thought processes that touch on everyday stressors, there will no doubt be a long-term pay off – and you, and your clients, will reap the rewards. We’ve taken time to connect with travel professionals across Canada and many agree that there’s a need for more insight beyond product training.
SO, HOW DOES IT WORK?
Key Notes On Travel provides members with access to the career-changing thoughts and ideas that are typically reserved for top performers, executives and managers. The program includes the following elements:
- Access to today’s top thinkers via a live online presentation, followed by a Q&A opportunity at the end.
- Topics covered in a three-month series allow for in-depth coverage, more direct engagement with the experts, and hands-on tactics to incorporate in your work.
- Tips, exercises and discussion questions to use at sales and staff meetings, or that you can work on yourself.
- Support from colleagues in a private forum that will be moderated by Key Notes On Travel. Travel advisors will have a private place to discuss the presentations, brainstorm applications and share what’s working and what isn’t in their own businesses.
- Unprecedented access to these speakers through follow-up discussions so you can ask questions, share your comments and get feedback about how the material applies to you.
HOW WILL THIS HELP YOUR SALES?
We’re glad you asked.
1. It’s all about how we learn. You watch the presentation. Then you think about how you can apply the information. You connect with other advisors working toward the same goals. You ask the questions YOU want answers to. Then you get them answered by the speaker in a follow-up session, and you apply that feedback to your work. Rinse and repeat.
2. Those who regularly attend keynote sessions know that you rarely get access to the speakers again. You can’t discuss the implementation of their strategies, to ask for clarification on their ideas. With Key Notes On Travel, you can.
3. This platform is 100 per cent about members. For too long, the industry has dictated what you should know (and what you should want to know), usually without your consultation. We want you to have a voice in implementing and discussing these new ideas.
AND WHAT ABOUT THE MAGAZINE?
We’ll be switching over to a quarterly format, focusing on quality over quantity. Plus, the name will change! (Thank you for what you’ve been, CT). Key Notes On Travel magazine will offer expanded professional development information, and will dig deeper into the industry issues that affect you. Call us idealistic, but we know that as more travel advisors invest in their professional growth, the more it will elevate the entire profession – and consumer perception of it.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT KEY NOTES ON TRAVEL
SOUNDS GREAT. SO HOW MUCH IS IT?
It’s only $10 per month. Less than coffee for the office. Less than a Netflix subscription. Less than Friday-night pizza. You get the idea.
WHY IS THERE A COST?
We want to attract travel advisors who are invested in growing their book of business; those who want to evolve as entrepreneurs and business professionals, and who want to engage with, and support, their peers. Free programs lose their value in the eyes of those who receive it. We have set the pricing so it’s accessible to all, and to attract members who want to be active participants.
HOW DOES PAYMENT WORK?
Payment is charged to your credit card each month.
WHERE DID THIS IDEA COME FROM?
Key Notes On Travel was inspired by attending so many amazing speaker sessions at conferences and wishing that our colleagues could have seen them, too. We struggle to action what we’ve learned because there’s no way to follow-up with the presenters for clarification or support. Plus, in most cases, only select travel advisors can attend a conference, meaning many don’t get access to these valuable insights. Introducing more people to the ideas that these speakers offer, along with continued follow-up and support, means more advisors selling more travel.
HOW OFTEN WILL THE PRESENTATIONS BE?
There will be at least three sessions per quarter.
WHAT TOPICS DO YOU COVER?
Topics will complement training given by suppliers, and by your agency/network. They may include: building loyalty; understanding and selling to different generations; dealing with difficult clients; time management; social media; and more! This is your program, and we’re committed to tailoring it to you. Have a speaker suggestion? Let us know! Does a specific speaker resonate with our membership? We’ll bring them back to delve further into their topic! This is your group. When members are happy, we will be too.
HOW WILL I ACCESS THE PRESENTATIONS?
Presentations will be live online and are available to Key Notes On Travel members only. Recordings of each presentation will always be available to members, in the case you’re not able to attend the live session or if you want to re-watch.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THE PRIVATE GROUP?
Support and discussion! This group is for members to digest the information from the presentations, brainstorm ways to use it, share stories of what’s working and what isn’t, ask for ideas and advice, and to receive the follow-up information from each speaker. Key Notes On Travel will moderate the group, to ensure it stays relevant and on topic.
IS THERE A CONTRACT COMMITMENT?
Not at all. If you’re not happy, you can cancel your membership at any time. But, we do encourage you to check out at least two or three presentations to get a sense of the program’s benefits.