Someone’s been busy at WestJet. The carrier has announced a host of new flight services, highlighted by 55 more weekly flights from Toronto Pearson.
In total this winter, WestJet will operate an average of 700 daily flights to 93 destinations including 37 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 33 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and one in Europe.
New or enhanced services include:
· New non-stop weekly service to Huatulco, Mexico, starting Oct. 29
· More flights to Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Fort St. John, Cabo San Lucas, Cancun and Puerto Vallarta
· A total of 43 more weekly flights
· New non-stop weekly service to Huatulco, Mexico, starting Nov. 2
· More flights to Abbotsford, Victoria and Cancun.
· New non-stop weekly service to Belize, effective Nov. 3
· More flights from Calgary to Vancouver, Toronto, Fort McMurray, Kelowna, Brandon, Grande Prairie, Kitchener, Los Angeles, Houston, Phoenix, Palm Springs, Cancun and Cabo San Lucas
· A total of 52 more weekly flights
· Increased frequencies and more convenient schedules from Toronto Pearson International Airport to Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, Kelowna and Vancouver
· An additional 55 weekly non-stop flights this winter from Toronto to key domestic business destinations and popular sun spots in the U.S., Mexico and the Caribbean
· Service from both Regina and Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta will increase by one weekly flight for a total of twice weekly
· More flights from Kelowna to Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, effective November
· Extension of existing summer service increases through the winter, including three daily flights between Toronto and Moncton
"Bolstering our hub cities – the core of the WestJet network – is typical of the kind of difference we want to make for Canadian travellers," said WestJet exec Brian Znotins. "The addition of more than 125 flights into and out of Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto creates one-stop connections, faster travel times and better scheduling to address the demand Canadians have for travel that is convenient, stress-free and low cost."