Having unveiled more than 20 new guest experiences since 2010, it’s fair to say that Universal Orlando Resort has experienced unprecedented growth over the past few years. But with such constant change, how can you, as a travel advisor, keep on top of all the news and product updates?
Read on through this sales guide, compiled by Universal Orlando and CT Magazine especially for that reason, in an effort to help you cut through the noise and truly understand the value proposition of the park.
Step 1: Get to know the Universal Orlando client.
FAMILIES WITH KIDS
These families are seeking a week-long vacation, and tend to have younger children.
On-site hotel recommendation:
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Attraction highlights for families with kids:
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem; Shrek 4-D; Flight of the Hippogriff; One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish; The Cat in the Hat; Pteranodon Flyers
- Play areas including: Camp Jurassic; Me Ship, The Olive; If I Ran The Zoo; Curious George Goes to Town; and Fievel’s Playland
- Universal’s Superstar Character Breakfast; Wantilan Luau at Loews Royal Pacific Resort; Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular Dining Experience
FAMILIES WITH TEENS
These are clients with older children – teens and tweens – for which this vacation is a rite of passage. These families are looking for an extended weekend vacation. They want activities that are easy to get to, and they want to have fun together.
On-site hotel recommendation:
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel or Loews Royal Pacific Resort (each with Universal Express Unlimited)
Attraction highlights for families with teens:
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, the Hogwarts Express; The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man; Jurassic Park River Adventure; TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D; Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit; Revenge of the Mummy; The Simpsons Ride; Skull Island: Reign of Kong
- VIP Experience; Universal Dining Plan; Hollywood Drive-In Golf; Blue Man Group
These are often young adults in their early thirties. They’re looking for fun times, they’ve got disposable income and they want a special experience.
On-site hotel recommendation:
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort or Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
Attraction highlights for couples:
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, Dragon Challenge, the Hogwarts Express; The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man; The Incredible Hulk Coaster; Jurassic Park River Adventure; TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D; The Simpsons Ride; Skull Island: Reign of Kong.
- Universal Express Pass; VIP Experience; CityWalk Meal and Movie Deal; Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular Dining Experience; Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel; and Wantilan Luau at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, seasonal on-site events such as Jake’s Beer Dinner at Loews Royal Pacific Resort and Harbor Nights at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel.
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Waterfall
Step 2: Ask the right questions and know the selling points.
A few suggestions, according to Universal Orlando representatives:
1. Do you have children and if so, what are their ages?
Universal Orlando has experiences for all ages, including adults.
2. Are you looking for all-inclusive?
Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations offers a full-service dining plan, along with many vacation enhancements.
3. What is your budget?
There are three categories of hotels on-site: prime value, preferred and premier, which offer accommodations for every vacation style and budget.
4. Are you looking for a thrilling or relaxing vacation?
Universal Orlando can offer both, with two theme parks, on-site hotels and an entertainment complex. With the opening of Universal Orlando’s third park in 2017, Universal’s Volcano Bay, there will be even more thrilling and relaxing attractions.
5. Are you a Harry Potter fan?
With The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express (not to mention Butterbeer!), Universal Orlando offers an all-encompassing immersive experience for Harry Potter fans.
Step 3: Be aware of the added value you can offer travellers.
You’ll want to book your clients at a Universal Orlando on-site hotel so they receive exclusive benefits such as Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour before the theme parks open.
- Guests staying at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Royal Pacific Resort can skip the regular lines with Universal Express Unlimited ride access to over 25 attractions– a free benefit worth up to $89 USD per person, per day.
- Universal Orlando is a full resort destination that is all in one location, with complimentary transportation provided via water taxis, shuttle busses and walking paths.
Universal's Volcano Bay Scope Rendering
Step 4: Keep up on your product knowledge & park news with these resources:
- Universal Travel Agents website (www.universaltravelagents. com)
- Universal Orlando Blog (http:// blog.universalorlando.com/)
- Universal Orlando main website for information only (www. universalorlando.com)
- Social media channels:
YouTube: https://www. youtube.com/user/ UniversalOrlando
Facebook: Universal Orlando Resort
Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Universal CityWalk
What's new at Universal Orlando?
1. Loews Sapphire Falls Resort:
This summer, Universal Orlando opened its fifth on-site hotel, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, a 1,000-room Caribbean- themed hideaway.
2. Skull Island: Reign of Kong:
Universal’s Islands of Adventure debuted Skull Island: Reign of Kong, a new mega-attraction which brings the next generation of the King Kong legend to life on an unprecedented scale.
3. The Incredible Hulk Coaster:
Universal’s Islands of Adventure also celebrated the official reopening of The Incredible Hulk Coaster. The newly enhanced coaster now features a brand-new ride vehicle, a redesigned queue centered around a massive Gamma Core and more.
4. Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen:
Later this fall, Universal CityWalk will open Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen, a full-service restaurant that brings together a specially created menu plus an array of gourmet-level chocolates and desserts.
5. Universal’s Volcano Bay:
In 2017, Universal Orlando Resort is expanding the overall destination to include a third theme park, Universal’s Volcano Bay. This water theme park will offer 18 attractions that are both thrilling and relaxing including a multi-directional wave pool, winding rivers, twisting family raft rides, cabanas and more.