Flights to Paris and London from Halifax highlight a robust WestJet summer schedule that will see the carrier launch its new Link regional service in western Canada, make its first foray into mainland Europe, and add almost 200 flights to its hubs, including 60 to Vancouver, 72 to Calgary and 28 to Toronto.
"Venturing to London and now Paris is an indication of our ambitious growth plans as we move towards becoming a global network carrier,” said Ed Sims, WestJet Executive Vice-President, Commercial.
Highlights of WestJet's 2018 summer schedule include:
• New non-stop daily service from Halifax to Paris and London (Gatwick) on May 31 and April 29 respectively, continuing through Oct. 27.
• Additional flights from Vancouver to a number of domestic and international destinations including Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Edmonton, Kelowna, Ottawa, Regina, Fort St. John and Victoria.
• Additional flights from Calgary to a number of transborder and sun destinations including Nashville, Cancun, Dallas / Ft. Worth and Las Vegas.
• Additional flights from Calgary to a number of domestic destinations including Nanaimo, Edmonton, Halifax, Kelowna, Fort McMurray, Windsor, Grand Prairie, Montreal, Abbotsford, Penticton and Victoria, plus Calgary-Vancouver increasing from 88 to 112 times weekly (16 times daily), with hourly service in both directions (top of the hour from Vancouver, and bottom of the hour from Calgary).
• Additional flights from Toronto to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Montego Bay, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Fort Myers, as well as more flights from YYZ to a number of Canadian destinations including Ottawa, Montreal, Saskatoon and Victoria.
• WestJet will enhance its schedule and connectivity out of Edmonton International Airport (EIA) to key business and leisure destinations in Canada and the U.S. this summer with 23 additional flights, including Edmonton, Vancouver, Kelowna, Fort McMurray, Saskatoon, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
In other WestJet news:
• The launch of WestJet’s low-cost western regional brand Link will be delayed by three months, says the airline. Originally scheduled to take flight in March through a capacity purchase agreement with Pacific Coastal Airlines, flights from Calgary to Cranbrook, Prince George, Lethbridge, Lloydminister and Medicine Hat will now roll out June 20-22.
• WestJet will move its non-stop seasonal service between Whitehorse and Vancouver to YYC Calgary International Airport, effective June 29. Service will also expand to four times weekly from three.
For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in WestJet's 2018 summer schedule, please visit westjet.com/flight-schedules-new.
Daily WestJet flights to Paris from Halifax begin May 31.